We are an entrepreneurial and growing company seeking a Business Development Manager in the Marijuana Industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding MedCanna’s business across operational areas (cultivation, processing, dispensary). A successful candidate will have experience managing multiple clients at every step in the relationship – initial communication, negotiation of services, remitting invoices for services rendered, investor relations, client development, etc.
Chief Business Development Officer
- Develop business and marketing plans in coordination with Managing Director to achieve revenue goals.
- Assist in company’s branding and media communication activities such as press releases, advertisements, marketing collaterals, and website.
- Analyze the current and past budgets, expenses, sales, revenues and product deficiencies in order to provide recommendations for business growth and problem resolution.
- Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
- Explain prospective clients about the advantages of the products or services offered and follow up with them in order to close the business deals.
- Respond to the client queries regarding the products in a timely fashion.
- Develop business proposals for new and existing customers.
- Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
- Prepare the annual marketing budget and track the expenses against the budget.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects and presentations.
- Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate high volume of prospective clients.
- Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
- Participate in industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of the organization.
- Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices.
- Supervise the client relationship management database and utilize it to manage customer contacts and mailing lists.
- Hire, train and guide the marketing and business development associates.
- Experience in marijuana industry is a plus, but not required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Must have proper qualifications to work in medical marijuana industry.
- Must have flexible work schedule and must show up on time.
- Must have reliable communication skills.
- Must comply with all state and city regulations.
- Must be responsible and trustworthy.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
3 years experience in agriculture/Cannabis business preferred. Equivalent experience in business development outside of the Cannabis space will be considered. For more information please email MedCanna.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org