We are an entrepreneurial and growing company seeking a Transportation Manager (TM) in the Marijuana Industry. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with management experience capable of effectively.
Senior Operations Manager
TM has onsite responsibility for administrative, operational activities and maintain a safe work environment for the transportation personnel, including recruitment, selection and managing staff; dispatch, training staff, compliance with local, state, and federal requirements regarding safety, vehicle maintenance, and facility management. Manages a fleet of vehicles, and associated personnel. Follows established working plans and systems for requested transportation that contribute to safe, on-time and consistent service to all customers. Assures that staffing levels are adequate to meet operational requirements in a safe, professional and timely manner. Performs responsibilities with commitment to safety and customer service. Will work closely with security manager to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and to ensure the safety of property (vehicles), product, personnel, and (in some instances) patients.
TM will provide onsite supervision of all drivers, assigned office and shop staff to meet operational needs and maintain a safe work environment. These duties include but are not limited to: recruiting, On-boarding and training employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Duties are performed in accordance with established company policies/and procedures. Establishes and maintains effective communication with Management Team, employees and staff. Builds effective working relationships to ensure company objectives are met.
- Experience in a warehouse setting is a plus, but not required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Must have proper qualifications to work in medical marijuana industry.
- Must have flexible work schedule and must show up on time.
- Must have reliable communication skills.
- Must comply with all state and city regulations.
- Must be responsible and trustworthy.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to manage processing employees and enforce company’s standards.
- Must be able to come in early and set up for the day.
- Ability to clearly convey information to others effectively at all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others collaboratively.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal style to reduce tension, resolve conflict and achieve agreement.
- Uses interpersonal skills to understand the needs of external customers and co-workers
- Proactively plans and organizes work setting priorities to manage time effectively to achieve goals for self and others.
- Effectively changes plans, actions or priorities to deal with the changing situations.
- Uses critical thinking skills to break down problems to develop solutions and make consistent decisions.
- Comfortably assigns tasks, trust others to perform and verifies results.
- Provides on-going feedback constructively to employees regarding job performance.
- Influences and guides others to accomplish work objectives.
3 years of experience in agriculture/Cannabis business (in transportation) preferred. Equivalent in an affiliated industry considered. For more information please email MedCanna.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org